Thursday, September 22, 2011

Peanut Butter Swirl Bars

This one comes from a long time family friend, Joy Reimann. She passed this one along to me when Jonathan and I were married, but I just recently made it for the first time. I remember eating these at her home, surrounded by lots of friends.

1/2 c. peanut butter
1/3 c. softened butter
3/4 c. packed brown sugar
3/4 c. gran. sugar

Combine in large bowl and beat until creamy. Add 2 eggs and 2 teas. vanilla and beat. Then add 1 c. flour, 1 teas. baking powder, and 1/4 teas. salt. Mix and spread into a greased 13x9 pan. Sprinkle 1 c. chocolate chips over top. Put in 350 oven for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and run a knife through to marbleize. Return to oven for 15-20 min.

She also shared this verse with me:
The wise in heart will be called discerning, and sweetness of speech increases persuasiveness. Proverbs 16:21


No comments: